Jan 2, 2016

I know It's Been a While...

And for that I apologize, but it has been for a very good reason.


I have finally finished the audiobook for A Walk Beyond The Realm. Thirty one chapters of digital audio mayhem. The only thing I'm waiting on now are for the files to pass quality control checks with the distributor (fingers crossed). Which I guess isn't so bad I guess, considering I've only been working on this now for the last six months or so.

But anyway, I wanted to share a few interesting bits of data with you that I gathered regarding the audiobook.

1. When doing high quality audio recording, the original raw audio files take up a lot of room. In this instance they took up a whopping 72.4GB of space. To put that into some perspective a standard DVD can hold 4.7GB. That equals a little over 15 DVD's worth of audio.

2. A standard musical album is between 45 to 65 minutes long. This audiobook came out to a staggering 11 hours and 30 minutes.

3. A standard music album in MP3 format is around 120MB in size. This audiobook ended up being 994MB worth of MP3 formatted files.

I will keep you posted as to when the audiobook becomes available.

And just a reminder, if you've read the books and want to chat about them, then head on over to my Facebook page. I would love to hear from you.

Have a great one,
Steve G.

No comments:

Post a Comment