Jun 1, 2015

Good news & Bad news


Well, I pulled out my old recording rig. Doesn't look too bad for being tucked away in a corner for eight years.

Bad news is though, my mixers power supply is fried.

Good news is, I can probably fix it.

These old boards are known to have bad capacitors, and I am very proficient at soldering. Just have to get a capacitance tester to figure out which ones.
In the mean time though I have a smaller "get me by" mixer on the way. Which should be here any day now.
So what does all of this mean? It means I am getting ready to make an audio book version of "A Walk Beyond The Realm". And of course I will be finishing up the second book as well.


And for any gear heads wondering about what is in that rack. It is all old Behringer gear.
EURORACK UB2442FX PRO
VIRTUALIZER PRO DSP2024P
POWERPLAY PRO HA4600
COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600
V-AMP PRO

and of course a FURMAN to power it all.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Steve G.

No comments:

Post a Comment